Friday, March 6, 2009

Waldorf Salad Tuna Pasta


When I was employed, what to bring for lunch was a big deal! I've never been a fan of sandwiches, and luckily had a creative mother who would pack interesting food for lunch when i was younger. (meaning NOT sandwiches) But now it is on me to do this. AND, now i have a picky lunch eater husband who I pack lunches for. So, I created a variation on Waldorf Salad. Like I said in the previous post, i am usually weirded out by chicken, so i added tuna instead of the usual chicken waldorf salad. I also find lettuce to be highly unsatisfying, so I add pasta instead. I made it today for lunch.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup chopped, slightly toasted walnuts
  • 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, sliced (or a 1/4 cup of raisins)
  • 1 sweet apple, cored and chopped
  • 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Small pasta noodles
  • 1 can of tuna

Method

In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise (or yogurt) and the lemon juice. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper. Mix in the apple, celery, grapes, and walnuts. When pasta is cooled, mix everything together.

Serves 2.

Original recipe came from www.elise.com

No comments:

Post a Comment