We made pizza last night! My half is the one without meat or onion. I bought a pre-made Boboli pizza dough. We dont own a pizza stone(but now I want one) so we used a cookie sheet instead. Turned out better than most pizza we get delivered!
I found this on the Food & Wine website:http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/perfect-pizza-margherita
- One 14-ounce can peeled whole San Marzano tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds buffalo mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 32 large basil leaves, torn into pieces
- PREPARE THE TOPPINGS: Preheat the oven to 500°, allowing at least 45 minutes for the stone to heat. Pass the tomatoes through a food mill set over a medium bowl or pulse them in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Stir in the oregano and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce over the dough to within 1 inch of the edge. Spread one-fourth of the cheese over the pizza and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with sea salt and pepper and slide the pizza onto the stone. Bake until the bottom is charred and the cheese is melted, about 8 minutes. Scatter one-fourth of the basil on top and let stand for 3 minutes before serving. Repeat with the remaining dough and toppings.