I combined a few recipes the other day to make these yummy cornish hens. I added apples and asparagus to mine. I found this recipe and worked from this:
- 2 cornish game hens
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 1/4 inch squares
- salt and pepper
- 1 apple
- 6 stalks of asparagus
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse the game hens, remove the giblets if present. Season the cavity with salt and pepper. Stuff with apple slices and garlic
- Place the game hens in a baking dish large enough to hold both of them. Lay the sliced onions around the game hens, sprinkle with granulated garlic, pepper and kosher salt (Note: Go easy on the salt since you will be using soy sauce). Sprinkle butter cubes around the hens. Pour soy sauce over. Place asparagus spears next to hens. Cover hens with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook 30 more minutes or until the hen is golden brown. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Cut game hens in half. Spoon sauce over the top.