Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Peruvian Sudado De Pescado (Peruvian Fish Stew)

I was watching Martha Stewart yesterday and she was having her employees demonstrate their favorite recipes. This one girl showed off this fish/shrimp dish that look really easy, so I knew I'd found my dinner for the evening! I went to the store and bought ingredients, finding the LAST 2 Halibut filets. Overall it was a success. I think next time i might add Lime to the mixture because there was only a slight pepper flavor that didnt do much for me. I didnt read how to do the pepper paste until too late...i'd chopped up the peppers in a food processor already. So, i didnt add the paste..just threw in a spoon full of the chopped peppers. Might make a difference to make the paste next time.
Also, I changed 2 things. I used fozen corn instead of peas, because i already had those. And I used normal white potatoes because I dont think ive ever seen Blue potatoes in chicago, or the U.S for that matter. Peru, yes, and they are delicious!

Heres how to make the paste: http://canelaycomino.blogspot.com/2008/02/diy-aji-amarillo-paste.html

And here is the recipe from Martha Stewarts website: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/peruvian-sudado-de-pescado

No comments:

Post a Comment