Thursday, July 9, 2009

Arugula Asparagus Pear Salad


Last night I was eyeing the items in my fridge, and I was bored. I usually grab asparagus to steam and serve as a side dish because it's easy. Last night I stared at the asparagus in the fridge and was going to gag if i served it steamed with butter, like I usually do. I needed something to go with steak and cous cous. So, instead, I made a salad with the asparagus! The result was great! I looked up a few salad recipes and came up with this, based on what I had in my fridge/pantry.
1 cup Arugula
1/2 a pear chopped
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cap full(cap from the bottle) of sherry
1 cap full of balsamic vinegar
1 cap full of olive oil
1 tablespoon of grated lemon peel
About 10 steamed stalks, chopped, asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment